Monday, 5 January, 2015
As already mentioned on other occasions, it is for us proud to presume and show the older ones of our reservation. If you visit the camel reserve, you'll see that the corrals that are the stables where camels are resting during most of their time, are clearly divided by categories:
• Maternal corral: In this installation are only camels who have recently given a birth and are cared close, separated from the rest. During the first weeks remain in the area under observation to ensure that both babies and their mothers are fully able to then be independent in the herd.
• Corral of premature: Here are the babies who are born advanced of time or suffer an anomaly and should be treated 24 hours, being always under observation to the level of stability.
• Corral of premamás: Is where are all the camels that are about to complete accounts to give birth, thereby manages to have them watched and can act more quickly if they need our help, the food is also controlled because their diet is different being supplemented with vitamins needed during the pregnancy.
• Corral Juniors: Is where all litters from 4 months, preventing them keep trying to drink milk from their mothers when they are no longer produce, so we call this phase the phase of "to wean" .
• Corral “Majalulos”: Are teenagers camels from 3 years old to begin to be trained to work in the field. Others are selected to be stallions.
• Corral Safari: Camels are adults who are working in the safari, these stables are divided into 4, since not all work the same day, rest one day while some others work, counting each day a chainge rotation.
• Corral of retirees: To this we call like that because let us say it is one of the most special and most near the heart, is the place where there live camels who have worked and age specific they are granted retirement, at the like a person has the right to live all phases and stages of life to old age with dignity. We often receive complaints about the adults in the reserve, which indicates the poor condition of the specimens, for their bodies, seeing their ribs, or strange movements, we do not stop explain what is normal is old camel, and just as there are physical differences between a young person and an adult, animals stages also differ, and deserve to enjoy them, and not be in a disadvantaged stage for our eye and taste, we must hide all the contrary, they deserve to be shown in their daily life in their natural state, why are the pride of our reservation and without them there would have been possible to have this dream and become who we are, the reserve of camel biggest in Europe.
In their daily lives are treatments and care dignified for a star. Bath salt sea water, massages argal oil, and aloe vera, walks through the valleys of the island, the walks are one of the most important moments, as they love to go out to graze and eat Fuerteventura savory, a kind of native flora which gives them many nutrients.
Each of the 300 camels forming reservation Fuerteventura has a name and distinction, and each has different qualities, characteristics, anecdotes, always pronouncing their names we usually remember them. Love which emerges from these animals in the reserve is unconditional.